Now, more than ever, we need to look for ways to support each other as a global community! COVID-19 has brought difficult times to countless companies, and I've seen first hand how these challenges have impacted software teams whether it be; working remote, redundancies, streamlining delivery, unexpected new responsibilities, or finding new ways to make money.
One of the ways I can help is to make myself available free-of-charge as a coach to support software leaders such as managers, coaches, team leads, tech leads, and architects.
How will it work?
After an initial coffee catch-up, we'll meet on a cadence that suits you to have an open chat about how things are going. These sessions are there to give you a sounding board and can take any shape that works for you.
So don't be afraid to reach out :-) No experiences are too insignificant, and everyone is entitled to coaching. Having a neutral sounding board can be helpful even if you have similar or complementary experience to me.
I am doing this 100% free-of-charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Please reach out to me on Twitter, LinkedIn or the Rands Leadership Slack if you are interested.
What can I offer you?
I believe I can support you through leveraging the experience gained over the last ten years leading, building and transforming teams to deliver well-crafted software that delights customers. These experiences include;
- MYOB where I led and improved five teams in relation to delivery and technical competence. I was also a key member of the Future Makers initiative with the objective to accelerate delivery of value to customers across 65 teams.
- Serko where I scaled the engineering group from ~50 to 130 and steadily improved team operations and delivery processes while maturing leadership along the way.
- Everlytic (3rd fastest-growing African tech company) where I helped them to shortening cycle-times, increasing effectiveness, and overall systems quality.
- Tracks4Africa where we worked as a fully remote team and launched a top-grossing iOS travel app, for overland adventurers in Southern Africa on iPad.
- Microsoft BizSpark who hired me to support early phase start-ups to improve their product delivery lifecycle.
- Numerous one-on-one mentoring relationships outside of my immediate work with people- and technical- leaders.
- ...and another ~30 software teams across ~15 start-ups and medium, and large businesses.
I believe every little thing we can do to support our community will go a long way to protecting and growing our industry. Looking forward to meeting you!